EYEGLASSES, VISION AND THE TRUTH

                    Major tragedy struck my life a few weeks ago; my ophthalmologist handed me my file, with a wicked grin on his face and said, "Congratulations, you will now have to wear glasses!". I felt like punching him hard in the face. I apologize if I missed the joke, but was there anything to be happy about  realizing I would have to carry a burden over my nose 24/7 for about 5-6 years?(i.e. until I get it operated at around 21. But I'm 16 currently, so it's a long way home). Worse, I had to go to a vacation spot for about a week. The only part where God spared me was the terrible eyedrop routine; I was advised to only put them when I felt irritated. You can hit me with a lash and I won't twitch but try to put a drop in my eye and watch how the world trembles along with me.

                    

                                    For a few days I was too concerned about whether I would be able to preserve my eyes under -8D(Diopter. Unit of power of lens. Yeah, I'm smart. Not really though. Didn't know when remembering stuff made you smart. If that were the case then History students would have been ruling over the Mensa IQ Test leaderboards) . But a few searches on the web reassured me even though I might become blind If I didn't take care, at least I'm not dying anytime soon.


                                But I received my glasses a few days ago. As soon as I wore them I felt as if everything around me was 4K, 8K, 12K. All possible multiples of 4K. Before I wore the glasses I didn't just know how blurred my vision was. That immediately made me think about something. Before I wore my glasses i.e. before I knew what the complete truth was I just didn't know how blurred my vision was i.e. how clouded my judgment was, how malicious my prejudices were, how blind I was. 
                                



                                This stands true for all situations in life. Until you get to the roots, the ultimate truth, the play going on behind the curtains, you just don't know how incorrect you are, how wrong you are. And sometimes without realizing that you make a lot of presumptions, which in turn affects your actions. And it hurts a lot of people too. Just because you didn't make enough efforts to find the truth. They say having only a part of knowledge is more dangerous than having it entirely, as those who haven't imbibed it completely don't know the consequences of its application. Your quest for truth should only be continued if you wish to know its entirety. Should have done that before overhearing your married neighbor kissing someone's daughter and filing a case against him without realizing its his own.

                                All I want to say is that without confirmation of having reached the ultimate truth, you should never pursue actions based off your unfinished facts. And keep it legal, please. Put it down, Jeremy.



                                    Well then, thats all for today. What are you waiting for? I ain't gonna be distributing free sweets!
                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOULD WE BE WORRIED ABOUT THE FUTURE?

REASON OF EXISTENCE AND HUMAN PSYCHE (NOT A COMMENTARY)